Allister Cooper is known for her zealous advocacy and professional demeanor. Her practice includes complex child custody, child support, domestic violence, divorce, equitable distribution, and spousal support. Allister is cognizant of the emotional and financial implications her clients are facing and strives to understand her clients' core values and goals.
"As an attorney, it is my goal to educate my clients about the law and the options it provides, then empower each of them to make the best decisions for themselves and their families." - A. Allister Cooper
Allister is a native of Durham, North Carolina. She received a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro and a Juris Doctor from Charlotte School of Law.
Prior to joining Ellis Family Law, Allister represented clients throughout the eastern part of North Carolina in various venues. This experience increased her awareness of the hurdles many clients must overcome, expanded her perspective, and further honed her ability to challenge the perceived weaknesses of her client's cases as she fights to achieve favorable results for them.
When Allister is not helping clients, she is spending time with her family, spoiling her Chihuahua mix, Esquire, and engaging in community service throughout the Raleigh- Durham community. She is a member of the Durham Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha, Sorority, Incorporated, an international service organization. Allister is also a budding perfume enthusiast.
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Equitable Distribution
- Post Separation Support
- Domestic Violence
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- Charlotte School of Law, J.D.
- Honors: Family Law Clinic
- Honors: Vice President, Trial Advocacy Honor Board
- Honors: Black Law Students Association (BLSA)
- Honors: Coach/Competitor, BLSA Mock Trial Team
- The University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Bachelor of Science
- Major: Business Administration
- Honors: Dean’s List
Professional Associations & Affiliations
- Wake County Bar Association
- George H. White Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Cordell & Cordell (Raleigh, NC and Wilmington, NC), Litigation Attorney
- McIlveen Family Law (Raleigh, NC), Attorney