Jacqueline Keenan works with complex family law matters including divorce, domestic violence, child custody and support, spousal support, and equitable distribution.
A graduate of Washington and Lee University School of Law and former intern for Judge Michael H. Sholley in the 17th Judicial District Court of Pennsylvania, Jacqueline believes that representing clients in family law matters is incredibly important work.
"As a family law attorney, it's critical to always remember that the work we do today for our clients will impact their lives well into the future. That means our attention to detail, creativity, and commitment to our clients' goals must always be at the forefront during our work together." - Jacqueline Keenan
Prior to joining Ellis Family Law, Jacqueline worked for the Community Legal Practice Center at Washington and Lee where she represented low income individuals and families in a wide range of family law matters.
A native of Long Island, New York, Jacqueline loves spending time at the beach and taking in a great book when not practicing law.
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, Lexington, Virginia
- Honors: Recipient, Family Law Section Award, Virginia State Bar Association
- Honors: Chair, Moot Court Executive Board
- Susquehanna University
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Recipient, Urey Scholarship
- Honors: President, Pre-Law Society
- University of Sussex, Brighton, England, Study Abroad
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina State Bar, Family Law Section
- Durham County Bar
Past Employment Positions
- Student Attorney, Community Legal Practice Center, Washington and Lee
- Intern, Adkins Law, PLLC
- Intern, Legal Services of Northern Virginia
Pro Bono Activities
- Relay for Life
- SU GIVE
- After School Program, St. Paul United Church of Christ