Amanda Knight represents clients in a wide range of family law matters including divorce, child custody and support, domestic violence, spousal support, and equitable distribution proceedings. She also provides trusted counsel to clients throughout the estate planning process.
A graduate of North Carolina Central University School of Law, Amanda brings a passion and commitment to achieving client goals, while maintaining civility and professionalism in the practice of law.
"Changes in the family, especially ones involving legal proceedings, are always challenging. Our job as attorneys is to take as much of the burden off our clients as possible, and also reassure them that happier days are in their future." - Amanda Knight
Prior to joining Ellis Family Law, Amanda worked as an intern at Legal Aid of North Carolina.
When not practicing law, Amanda enjoys yoga, kayaking, and spending time with family. She is also a member of the Junior League of Durham and Orange Counties, an organization dedicated to improving the lives of community members through awareness and fundraising efforts.
- Family Law
- Estate Planning
- North Carolina
- North Carolina Central University School of Law, Durham, North Carolina
- Honors: Family Law Clinic
- Honors: Pro Bono Program
- University of North Carolina, Greensboro
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 2013
- Major: Philosophy and religious studies
- Man Made Organs: Technology Made it Possible but Can the FDA Keep Up?, North Carolina Central University Science & Intellectual Property Law Review, 2015
- Junior League of Durham and Orange Counties, Provisional member, 2017